This time it’s a chicken broth which is perfect for this time of the year. And it slots perfectly into the year of food and drink. It’s a simple and quick recipe to make after you have been out exploring the castle on a cold winter day.
Alternatively, you can enjoy the Rustic Chicken in the Unicorn Cafe.
Rustic Chicken, Leek & Potato Broth. Serves 4.
- IL Vegetable stock
- 250g Leeks – cut into 2cm pieces and washed
- 500g Potatoes scrubbed and cut into 2cm dice
- 4 x Chicken thighs
- Salt & pepper
- Bring the vegetable stock to the boil
- Add the chicken thighs and allow to simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon from pot and place on a plate and leave to cool
- Remove the skin and pick the chicken from the bone
- Add the leek to the stock and boil for 5 minutes, then remove from pot with slotted spoon and allow to cool
- Add the potatoes to the pot and cook them until soft, roughly 15 minutes
- Remove half the potatoes from the pot when they are soft and keep with the cooked leek
- Blend the remaining potato and stock until smooth
- Add the remaining potato, leek and chicken
- Simmer for 5 minutes and season to taste
Serve with some crusty bread.
Have a nice time cooking and remember share you pictures with us at @stirlingcastle using the hashtag #HSEat