To celebrate this month’s Year of History, Heritage and Architecture theme (Food and Drink), we thought we’d bring you a little winter warmer suitable for everyone this Christmas. With snow and ice covering half the country, our mulled apple winter warmer is the perfect recipe to keep you cosy.
- Apple juice
- Cinnamon sticks
- All spice
- Orange and lemon peel
- Ground cinnamon
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 apples studded with cloves
- Granulated Sugar or honey
- Sliced orange to garnish
- Add the cinnamon stick, spices, orange and lemon peel into a saucepan.
- Pour in the apple juice and place the pan over a low heat, simmering for 10-15 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Stir in the sugar or honey to taste.
- Serve in a glass mug and add a slice of orange to garnish.
Enjoy your glass of mulled apple magic! (Fireplace optional)