14 June 2017
We’ve been nominated for the UK’s Most Popular Castle and we would absolutely love to win this!
We kicked off our events programme this year with The Great Big History weekend in April where visitors could meet costumed characters, go on virtual tours and even taking part in mock digs. Until the end of October we have the stunning aerial photography exhibition by Kieran Baxter on display showing many of Scotland’s monuments in a unique way.
This summer we look forward to the Chapterhouse production of Jane Eyre and we welcome the Scottish Chamber Orchestra for their summer concert in the Great Hall.
So why do we love the castle? Take a look at our top 5 favourite things:
1. Visit the Royal Palace of James V, admire the stunning Stirling Heads and meet characters of the royal court
2. The Great Hall – the beautiful golden building that can be seen for miles, was completed in 1503.
3. The Queen Anne Gardens – enjoy the peacefulness and tranquility of the gardens. On a beautiful sunny day shade under the 200 year old beech tree.
4. The Stirling Tapestries -Intricate and beautiful this set of seven hand-woven tapestries hangs on the walls of the Queen’s Inner Hall in the royal palace.
5. The views – soak up the stunning vistas overlooking the Ochil Hills and further afield.
Voting is open until midnight on Tuesday 20 June – if you are a huge fan of the majestic castle cast your vote here!